Bass novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLeidschendam

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

Well, the thread title says it all!
I'll start:

My band plays with in-ear monitoring, so we stopped bringing cabinets on-stage alltogether. I just have a small 4-unit rack with two Ampeg tube preamps (an SVP-CL and an SVP-PRO), a tuner (Korg DTR-1000) and my wireless in-ear set (Sennheiser EW300 IEM G3).
I mostly use the SVP-PRO (a rack version of the preamp section of the SVT II PRO). It has a great tube growl, and lots of EQ options (a basic 3-band with selectable mid frequency, ultra low, bright and ultra high switches, and a graphic EQ) and it sounds great straight into a mixer. The SVP-CL is a rack version of the preamp section of the SVT Classic. It nails that classic SVT tone. I recorded our entire album with it and the engineer loved it (I didn't have the SVP-PRO yet at that moment).

My amp is an EBS HD350 with an EBS Proline 410. I only use it in our rehearsal space now. I'm considering selling it and getting something smaller, but I'm not sure yet. Secondhand value of EBS amps has dropped over the last few years, nobody seems to want a clean sounding, neutral amp anymore. Everybody wants an amp that colours their tone nowadays, like Aguilar or Ampeg. Me included :P

Eve's Fall - female fronted metal
Website
Facebook
Bandcamp

My personal Facebook-profile

#2 Chris van Meer

Chris van Meer

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGroningen

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Just a small Ampeg BA-110 for me :)

#3 Coco

Coco

Bass novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

stopped using amps over 10 years ago, on smaller gigs I always use sansamp, hartke VLX or similar for larger venues its mostly rentals..

Peace/Coco

#4 Texas Lefty Bass

Texas Lefty Bass

Bass novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

For my main band I've been using my Ampeg B15R for about 5 years now.
For my side project I use my Marshall bass combo. I have no idea what model it is but it has 2 channels(one of them tube), 150watts, and 1-15" speaker w/horn.

Also:
Orange bass combo; 100watts, 1-15".
Fender Bassman 60 combo from the 90s(?) with 1-15".
Roland bass combo; 250 watts, 1-15" w/horn.
Vox "Beatle" head.
Vox 2-12" bass cab.
Top 10 -"Best Bass Player" Austin Music Awards 2013
Top 10 -"Best Bass Player" Austin Music Awards 2012
Top 10 -"Best Bass Player" Austin Music Awards 2011

#5 Dr-Gonzo

Dr-Gonzo

Bass novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have my perfect set up now:

Orange Terror Bass 1000W Head
Orange Isobaric 2x12 Smart cab
Orange 1x15 cab.

#6 JimG

JimG

Bass beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

In the 70s I almost needed a step latter to reach the knobs.

Today I use a small Acoustic Image sometimes with a 15" BagEnd bottom. For larger venues I use a GK400MB with two tens. Packs a punch. Otherwise I go through the house PA. But I always bring my Sadowski pre-amp.

#7 radiotrib

radiotrib

Bass beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

I just sold this one because it's just waaay too heavy for someone my age ...

Trace.jpg

It almost broke my heart because I love the sound of a good old Series 6 pumping bass !! 

But I needed something a lot lighter to save my old back so now I just completed the buying of all the bits to make up this instead:

MB1.jpg

MB2.jpg

Just as loud, just as powerful, but only the same weight as one of the Trace Elliot cabs .. and it can do the Trace Elliot sound if I want it to :) ...

Happy Bunny ?? ... YUP !!